Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

detours and stops along the way

Have you ever had a dream in which you are trying to get somewhere, but keep finding yourself in random places or circumstances, and then wake up before you reach your intended destination? That's how this process feels at the moment. Each time I feel like I should have the clearance to go in a matter of days, something occurs. Yesterday, I received notice that there was something wrong with the fingerprints that I had done last week, and now I have to go back, but the appointment isn't until 12/30.... Also, I am waiting to be granted a court appointment. First I thought I would be home with Isaiah by Christmas, then I was thinking I would leave January 1.., now I am hoping to leave at the end of January or early February. It will be such a relief once I bring my son home.


This also reminds me of my road trip to North Dakota this summer. Whenever I take any type of a road trip, I am always eager to get to my destination ahead of time. My goal is to beat the expected time of Mapquest.... I was making good time and in great anticipation of getting to my aunt's house ahead of schedule, when I encountered road construction. This was not just any little road construction. The road was GONE..., and we had to wait for a pilot car to guide us through the non-existent road. Well you can just imagine what that did to my goal of getting to Bottineau ahead of time.... As I have travelled this adoption journey, this immigraion pre-approval feels much like the road that I had to travel through on my road trip. I'd wait for the pilot car. Slowly, travel through rough terrain. Wait for the next pilot car and do the same thing. Three pilot cars and probably an hour later, I was through the rough part and back on smooth roads. There were still incidental stops along the way, but progress kept being made. Really, there was nothing that I could do about it, but wait and move when there was opportunity. And guess what..., I did make it to my aunt's house and apparently it was at the perfect time....

For those of you looking for prayer needs, please pray for the following:

  • a quick processing of the immigration paperwork and for the person taking my fingerprints can get nice clear prints.
  • an appointment with an adoption favorable judge by February 1
  • a quick and favorable decision by the judge
  • for favor with the US embassy officials when we apply for his visa
  • for the remainder $3500 to either come in through donations or that I can earn it by taking photographs of children, teens or families.
  • for our (Isaiah and I) ability to communicate with each other, especially on the journey home.