Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hope vs. Hope Deferred

Proverbs tells us: Hope deferred makes the heart sick.  My son is standing firm in hope, while I can't seem to get around the natural consequences of deferred hope.  But, as I choose to continue to fight within myself to choose faith, hope and trust, I realize that the greater than any of these, is love.  Love that comes from a God that I can fully trust.  Love that caused me to even pursue this improbable adoption and love that is the center of hope for my son.  He often comes to our director asking "do you have any news for me".  Even though there is little news and the news that we do have for him, is that there is a delay...., his hope is strong.  You can see it in his eyes in this picture that was recently taken at his school.  In the times that I start to feel like it is hopeless, I need to remind myself of the strong hope that exists within my son and in so many kids around the world who survive and succeed in life because of the deep hope that they have in God's perfect plan for them.