Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Keeping it in perspective

Through the uncertainty of this journey, my heart is often encouraged by the words of this song we sing in church:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QemZQKKJbRU
This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved to more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

I will bring praise, I will bring praise,
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I will stand

I will bring praise, I will bring praise,
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

All of my life, in every season
You are still God, I have a reason to sing
I have reason to worship

And this is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I’m filled to be emptied again
The seed I’ve received I will sow