Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

It has been one year

One year ago this month, I started this adoption adventure.  Initally, I thought I would have an opportunity to complete the adoption, by the end of 2009.  Delays ensued.  As mid-February rolled along, the picture became clear that the delay would continue for a few months to indefinitely.  As time has gone on it has at times seemed like a phantom dream, because it seems like we are always in this state of limbo.  In June, I gave myself a deadline of the end of August - that if it didn't look like a court date was in the near future - that I would likely have to realize that this specific adoption wasn't meant to be.  Here we are on August 20th, and I have a glimmer of hope, but nothing solid to hold on to.  There are 11 more days in this month, and I pray that by the time that September 1 rolls around, that what I should do would be clear.