As you are likely aware, the one call upon my life has been to serve vulnerable children in my community and around the world. This has been the focus of my life, and one of the biggest blessings in my life.
A couple of years ago, I started to feel the call and challenge to consider becoming a parent through adoption. As I started to consider the call, I kept being drawn to pursue the adoption of a specific boy who is now 6 years old.
Our relationship and story began that day in 2006, that I mention in my post below. That day and that moment was the beginning of a bond and journey that only God could ordain.
In my wildest dreams, I would have never dared to believe that nearly four years later we would be going before a judge to seek permission to become a family. But God’s plan is bigger than what we often dare to dream. In fall of 2007, I prayed for courage to trust Him and His leading, He answered boldly and clearly through Psalm 113:9. Later, when wondering if I was following His lead, the message and confirmation was bold and clear in Isaiah 54:1-5. Every piece of the text can be expounded upon, but one of the main things that I heard was “Do not be afraid”. The message was to confidently move forward and through the doors that were opened for me.
The journey has been long and full of both anticipation as well as heart-breaking news at times. Yet, God has continued to urge me to move forward. Even when the door was seemingly completely nailed shut, He had another plan.
The blessings and confirmations are numerous. One day I will write it all out as a story for Bush, and will share it with you as well.
Honestly, I am overwhelmed by the depth of love and support that I have received in this process. Everyone is so excited to meet him! As you can imagine, this warms my heart.
• Pray for favor with the judge and the embassy officials. (These two people hold the power to let us become a family.)
• Pray for my son’s transition into his new life and for me as I shepherd and parent him.
• Pray that I will be able to raise $10,000 to cover all of the expenses involved in bringing my son home.
• Contribute a donation to his adoption fund. (If you are interested, I have some information from The Shepherd’s Crook Ministries. This organization is set up to receive and disburse funds for expenses related to the adoption of my son.)
Thank you so much for your friendship, your prayers and your support. I look forward to the day that you can meet him and he can meet you!!!!
Much love,
Tammy